Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Open Paddle Night, And Dragon Boat 101
All abilities, especially beginners are welcome. Learn how to paddle in a dragon boat and meet new people! There will be a safety briefing and paddle lesson on land, then you will get to try the sport out immediately after, in a Hong Kong-style dragon boat!
Meet on the north shore cove by the ranger station/restroom facility, accessible from W. Byron Place between Wolff St. and Oak St.
Closed-toed shoes are required. Please wear moisture wicking athletic clothing. A lifejacket and paddle will be provided. Must be at least 13 years of age to participate. Participants (or their parent/legal guardian) will sign a waiver prior to getting into the boat.
Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM
Sloan's Lake near the Ranger's office. North side of the Lake off of Wolff & Byron Pl.
Open Paddle Night, and Dragon Boat 101
Standards of Conduct
We are a family oriented organization, thus we should conduct ourselves accordingly, at any and all club practices, or events. You are not only representing your team, but also the club as a whole.
* No profanity
* No insulting, harassing, or threatening any member, club staff, park rangers, CDBF staff, or anyone in the practice/race area.
* No political or religious advertising. We are all here for the enjoyment of dragon boat racing, not to try and be swayed by anyone's beliefs.
* No alcohol, or drug use before or during practice, club activities, or any events. Anyone intoxicated, or on drugs will be immediately suspended and possibly banned by the club.
Each boat is self contained, with it's own safety square, paddles, and PFDs, it's everyone's responsibility to make sure it stays that way.
* Inflatable PFDs are not allowed
* After practice bundle PFDs into two bundles of 11 PFDs. Use the orange straps provided
* Place one bundle of PFDs between rows 2 and 3, and one bundle between rows 8 and 9
* Place all paddles back into the bag and lay the bag across the seats in the middle of the boat
* If you had to take a paddle from from another boat, replace it where you got it
* Clean up after yourself. Take all your trash from the boats, and staging area, and put in the trash.
* Report any damage, or issue with any of the equipment
* A minimum of 8 paddlers are necessary to have practice (sterns do not count as paddlers)